Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Composition and Perspective (Midwest)

I have a new freelance design client and scads of new work. So...what do I decide to do? Add a photography project to my plate. I know, insane, right?

I decided to partake in the weekly assignment via the C&C Photography blog. I'm catching up on the assignments, so this is the project from last week.

Here is how I interpreted the assignment:

First I gathered random objects and very quickly arranged them as a still life. I did not spend much time on composing the objects. I figured I would challenge myself to create a pleasing composition without arranging and re-arranging it in front of my camera. I didn't move any of the elements. I just moved my camera, my focal point, my distance to subject, etc. Here are my results.


#1 take one image "as the eye sees it" from straight on
Notice how I placed the objects in front of a window? I did that on purpose to make different shots look completely different exposure-wise.



#2 stand on a chair and get a birds eye view


I combined two instructions into the for the above shot
#3 one close up or different angle
#4 shoot off center using neg space in composition



#5 extra credit "un focus" create a painterly or impressionistic feel
This one was tricky, and I don't think I quite got it right. Oh well, I'm not being graded on these, right? Right!

5 comments:

Gilbert said...

Sweet, something else to take up my time!

Queen Bee Laurie said...

Pretty Miss A.

4114 said...

Dammit, look at the marble one! What moar could you ask for?

It's perfect, Amy.


Rly.


4114

Lydia said...

Nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

LayoutSeed said...

Pretty good post. I just came by your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!