Thursday, October 26, 2006

Current Knitting Projects (West Coast)


Here is a vest I am working on right now... I am knitting the vest out of some very pretty vareigated hand dyed yarn I bought at the Stitches West show earlier this year. I bought a huge hank, not knowing what I would do with it. I recently bought Rowan 38, a really inspiring pattern book, and have come up with a knock off (easier version) of one of the vest patterns. My yarn is a mereno/mohair mix. I have added a dark brown boarder to accent the yarn, and make up the base, neck, and armholes. So far it looks great. When knitting with vareigated yarns, I like the little color surprises that happen every couple of rows.

2 comments:

Queen Bee Amy said...

Your vest looks better than the one in the Rowan book. Will you get to keep it or is it a gift?

Queen Bee Amy said...

Thanks. I am making this for myself. I just finished four months of knitting gifts for baby showers and Christmas. Now it is my turn to play.