Thursday, October 26, 2006

Our History

Hello Everyone.

For those of you who haven't known us longer than 20 minutes, you may not know the reason why Laurie and I are sharing this blog. I will fill you in.

Laurie and I (Amy) became business partners of a small Bay Area graphic design studio in 1995. We named our business "The Hive Design Studio" because we liked how the busy and efficient bee metaphor fit with our workstyles. Also, we were just coming off job positions at another design company were we did the majority of the work without any credit. Tired of being underappreciated worker bees, we collaborated in what was one of the best decisions of my life. We worked closely together for about 8 years. Then my husband and I moved from the West Coast to the Midwest to be nearer to our families. Laurie and I continue to work together if a project calls for it. But, being stay at home moms doesn't leave a huge amount of time for outside graphic design work.

We are using this blog to share our creative endeavors with each other. We used to sit at a conference table and show and tell with each other face to face. Now we are using the Internet. How cool is technology?

No comments: