Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finally Back in Business (Midwest)


Joey helped me lift and bolt my press back onto the old filing cabinet that it came with. I just finished a two hour print session and boy do I feel good. Whenever I finish up from printing (or life drawing or painting) I always get this mental after glow. I've posted about this before. I don't really know how to describe it. Mentally it's like the after effects of a good massage. My body isn't as relaxed, but my mind is. I think it comes from tuning out the world and focusing on something that doesn't stress me out. What would it take to achieve this state daily? Therapy? Exercise? Drugs? I guess I could start with some stretching and deep breathing exercises. Feels so good.

So, above you see some of today's prints. I ran more scribble birds as planned. Then, I threw some vintage cuts on press and used up some of the extra ink. Fun. Fun. Fun. I printed a few hits of this way scary wolf halftone block I got off eBay in a lot with some other things. It is too worn to get a great image from. But, it has this ghost image that would be interesting printed somewhere into an art piece.



Oh, and here's a photo of me in my ridiculous thrifted apron. I look like such of fool printing. I throw on old clothes, pin my hair (learned this is a must the hard way) and wear some sort of full coverage apron. I thought it would be interesting to do a self portrait. It didn't work so this is all you get.




Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

Nice session. I like the mower couple. Very cute find. Also, so is the wolf. Too bad he is so worn. I like the cropping and layout of the dot (wolf) That could be cool with just a big dot.