Saturday, May 23, 2009

Voila! (Midwest)


I had some time Friday to get on press and finalize a few letterpress cards. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I created these cards with my "new" vintage wood type. I really enjoy printing with wood type. The impression is smooth, yet textured. And, setting the type in the chase is so satisfying. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Well. Sort of.




I'm planning on offering this design as a personalized folding note set. I pre-printed the chocolate layer that says "a note from _______ (pencil icon)". I chose the chocolate because it's such a versatile coordinating color. I ran the sample in red ink. Laurie and I have been discovering that people like red. Now my task is to finalize a quantity to offer and find some packaging.

Here's the final result!


1 comment:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

Nice cards Amy, I like the texture in the wood type. Cute idea with the personalization.