Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful (Midwest)


As I cleaned up the morning dishes while listening to Dave Matthews on the Ipod and Sam accompanying on pots and pans, I decided to think about ALL the things I'm thankful for. First, let me say I think I'm thankful for having and endless list of things to be thankful for. Each time I thought about something I thought of another thing, and another, and another. I'm a lucky person. Here is a short list of a few of my thoughts.

I am thankful for my family and friends (duh), music, books, preschool, public school, truth, having U.S. citizenship (and not growing up in say Iraq or Darfur), technology things (The Internet, my vacuum cleaner, tv, ), nature things (trees, lakes, grass, birds), creativity, parenthesis (I use them a lot), a husband who can engage the kids giving me time to think about being thankful and later type about it on my blog, medicinal things (Advil, birth control), art, knitting, smiles, and the list goes on and on. Mostly though, I'm thankful for the health of my family. Sam has the runniest of noses today, but is playing and running and happy. His behavior reminds me how healthy he truly is.

I wish you all a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: