Monday, August 27, 2007

A Marriage of Mediums (Midwest)


This weekend I was able to get on my press and play with my new wood type (see post below). I finally came up with a layout that read "What's Up?". After quite some time setting it up and printing it the first time completely backwards (you need to have a mirror image on a clamshell press), I rearranged my type and ran some prints on various papers. I used a hand mixed yellowish green ink, the color of new leaves. I must've been influenced by all this rain. It is so, so green out again. Printing was very satisfying, yet I felt that the type looked a little unfinished. So, I sketched an illustration this morning and gocco'd it on top of the letterpress image. Whalla. I've got a few other sketches going that will use both presses.

1 comment:

Queen Bee Amy said...

This is great! I really love it! Nice colors and I like the addition of the little gocco elements!