Tuesday, December 18, 2007

7 Ornaments So Far (Midwest)


I had a minute to take pictures of the ornaments I've received thus far from the 2007 Cake & Pie/Freshly Blended Ornament Swap. For those not in the know, there are something like 600 people participating. We have all been divided into groups of 10. The deal is you create a set of handmade ornaments, one for each group member, then mail them out. It has been fun to find these little surprises in the mailbox every other day or so.

All of the ornaments are sweet. I like the ornaments from Kari because they are something I would do. She felted old sweaters to make a wreath and ball ornament. I have a huge pile of already felted sweaters from last year that may just find a similar destiny. The tree from Laurie (not The Hive's Laurie) is very unique. Look closely at the photo and you can see that the stem is some sort of vintage wooden dowel. Sarah made a charming snowman with great little acorn hat. Veronica made the little girl with the muffler. So cute. Geri sent a bunch of paper ornaments of which I like the green paper ornament best. It is very glittery on my tree. Danielle sent the ribbon ornament which looks really nice next to my letterpress ornaments (I should've taken a picture of that). And, last but not least I received the perfect felt blue and white snowflake circle ornament from Michelle. Thanks so much everybody!

No comments: