Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Have Blue Fingers (Midwest)



So the girls have been bugging me to make felted bead ornaments again. We did this last year. I think that project was one of my first posts. Back then I was very happy with how the whole project played out. The results were way better than I had planned and the kids were so into it. I guess it's time to do it again. Last year my friend Stephanie gave me some natural wool roving. I have read that roving felts up very easily, so we are going to use that. I googled these directions for dyeing the wool with food coloring. The color is very nice. I'm hoping that it doesn't rinse away during the felting process. Stay tuned for more photos of the felting in action.

1 comment:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

We did this last year too. The kids both lost interest fairly quickly because the roving took too long to kick in. They loved the finished balls though. Pretty cool stuff! I love your die job! Nice touch!