Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Where are You? (Midwest)


I can't believe March is almost over. If you were to look outside my window you would understand why. We have a couple new inches of snow covering the grass that was beginning to turn green. The crocuses must be wishing they had waited to come up. And, I'm sure the birds are annoyed that the nests they have been building are snow covered.

I find myself mildly discouraged by the snow, yet optimistic because it feels warm and things sound like spring.

This last week I have been in and out of frame shops trying to find the right frame for the letterpress print that I'm donating to our preschool's silent auction. I found a frame that has a weathered barn wood look to it. I liked how the texture of old wood relates to the wood type I used to create the print. I'm so pleased with how it looks I even listed a print in my Etsy shop. I haven't been listing many new items and hope to post more prints soon.

Speaking of Etsy, Laurie and I have been discussing consolidating all our cards at our joint shop. I may keep amyb13 open for fine art prints and more limited run cards. Change is a brewing.

Alright, it's time for me do a little house cleaning...

1 comment:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

Looks nice up there! I like how your colors always match!