Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rounding a Corner (Midwest)


A couple weeks back Laurie and I had this long phone conversation about the disappointing news that our paper vendor was no longer offering rounded corner, flat notes in A2 size. I know. It's really a tragedy. I think we went through all the stages of grief during that phone call. Denial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. Acceptance...

I decided that in order empower myself and move on I needed to locate the perfect corner rounder. I ended up deciding that a hand punch (think scrapbooking tool) would be doable. I could punch corners while watching tv (think Desperate Housewives of Orange County) and make my own rounded corner flats. Heck, I probably have other printed things that would be cool with rounded corners (think grocery lists).

So, after a week or two traveling to various craft stores, buying what looked like workable and sturdy corner rounders I found one I liked. And, three that I didn't which were returned. Presenting the Fiskars hand-squeezy-view your paper-round your corner-and watch a paper piece flip up into the air model. I like it because it cuts easily and consistently. The blue stock below is a duplex card stock, at least 110 lb. You can see the corner is pretty clean and has about the same corner radius as the precut flat beneath it.




Who knew a craft punch would be so exciting that someone would photograph and write an entire blog post about it? Not me.

2 comments:

Kate Huntington Photography said...

My hand gets tired just thinking about it...but the cards look nice!

Queen Bee Laurie said...

How exciting! I have to venture out and find me one too! Thanks for sharing!