Friday, May 30, 2008

Crazy Days (West Coast)

It is that crazy time of year again when we are cramming too many extra activities into our already overflowing schedules. Each day I start out with hope of getting more accomplished then I can realistically do. I have a few graphic deadlines looming, and my little press is gathering dust. Both my kids have June birthdays to plan. School is ending soon, and with that I look forward to having long days with my kids. But that means less time to print, and design. It is bittersweet. I placed an order for some new paper from Waste Not, and that arrived. I have been trying to find the time to come up with some new designs. I have some ideas, but not the time to execute things.

This weekend we are having a 10th birthday for Katie. We are planning a swim party with a Survivor theme. Both our kids are huge fans of the show. Alan has planned 5 challenges for the kids, and has been busy this week trying to get the props ready. I am responsible for the eating challenge, which will be pudding, gummy worms and cookie crumbs. I found some cool tropical decorations at the Dollar store to give the island theme a push. Very fun stuff.

1 comment:

Queen Bee Amy said...

It's crazy here, too.

I love the idea of a Survivor Birthday Party for kids. They will have so much fun. Can't wait to hear how it goes.