Sunday, June 29, 2008

Craft Fair (Midwest)


I had a nice day at the Craftacular yesterday. The attendance wasn't as intense as the Holiday fair last December. But, I ended up with fairly decent sales. I'm reviewing the photos this morning and I think my booth looked way over crowded. I had to slim down to a 4x4 booth and probably should have eliminated some inventory from the display. I had only one snag during the day and that was the result of a small child sucking a lollipop and fingering my cards. We worked it out. Say no more.

This time I kept a tally sheet, a half hazard record of sales, so I could track inventory. My best selling card was the red flowers on pool. This was satisfying since that's my favorite color combination. Other cards that faired (pun!) well were the donuts, scribble bird, pig "hello" and koi cards. I did not sell many soap sets. I probably over priced them. So, now I have to figure out how to move those. I might post a set on Etsy.

Here are some more photos from the day. Remember the venue was inside a bar, so the scene was dark. There was great music and people were walking around with bloody mary's and beer. Nice.



I want one of these skirts!


1 comment:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

I like the way your booth looks. I think it is the nature of those type of craft fairs to be a bit crowded. I like your stands. I can't wait to hear more details.