Sunday, January 06, 2008

Goodbye Winter Break (Midwest)


Tomorrow the kids head back to school and me back to work. HOORAH! We have had a nice holiday, but I'm missing my press and with 4 new card designs done I must get printing.

Oh but, I will miss the lazy pajama'd mornings, and the interesting games the kids came up with. Like the morning where Sophie was married to a bottle cap in a short and sweet ceremony performed by her older sister. Sophie, now "Mrs. Full Sail", took the bottle cap in "sickness and in wealth". And, the time the three kids performed a routine to the Black Eyed Peas song "Pump It" (naked of course). That was nice. Sam getting stuck in a snow bank. Also good. But, they (and when I say they I mean me) need go back to the normal routines of school, Brownies, play dates, swim lessons, etc.

So here I am eager to dig into 2008 and do something creative. I debated coming up with a better name for my greeting card "company". Bee13 or beethirteen isn't really clever or memorable enough, but I'm starting to think that I have some equity in that name already and maybe I should just keep it. Still pondering this one.

I have to thank Stephanie at Tepitalk for hooking me up with a call for submissions over at Rockport Publishers. I sent them an email with some card photos and they accepted them all. I had to ship the actual cards to them for photographing for the book to be called "1000 Handmade Greetings". Very exciting, thanks so much Stephanie!



Finally, a won an eBay auction for a lot of 23 small printers blocks a few weeks ago. I think I paid 53 cents plus a couple bucks shipping. Anyway, they came yesterday. There are some fun tidbits to design around here.

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

Queen Bee Laurie said...

I like your new blocks! Very cool find. You have a great knack for finding these Ebay auctions for under a buck! Congrats! I can't wait to dig into some designs as well. I got your message about valentines and will get to work soon.

perfectbound said...

ooo! great job with the cheap goods! they look lovely.